Etro closed the gate, and warped the timeline. Time's flow was altered, and existence itself was distorted. I was lost. The darkness caught me in its embrace and wrote me out from history.
new Lightning costumes
Ah yes, I can look super cute in over 100 different costumes and accessories (◡‿◡✿)
WHILE KILLING ALL MY ENEMIES (ʘ‿ʘ✿)
New costume victory pose.
Okay, I’m re-reblogging this because I found out something sad after listening to the スクエニちゃん！ radio broadcast for “Lightning Returns”. This victory pose is for E3 ONLY!! Director Toriyama wanted this pose to be official, but it was rejected due to it being overly “sexy” and OOC. So he decided to show this rejected pose off at E3, but unfortunately, the official game will feature a different victory pose for this outfit.
THANK GOD IT’S REJECTED.
Thank everything(!) for this news. Because that was NOT Lightning. (and looked quite ridiculous for her really))
Dear lord, not even H. P. Lovecraft could come up with something so incomprehensibly disturbing and wrong.
Throughout Final Fantasy XIII before it is formally revealed Oerba Dia Vanille is a l’Cie from Gran Pulse, there are many points at the beginning of the game in which it is hinted that Vanille is not from Cocoon, and she even cheekily references her 500 year crystal stasis prior to the game’s events in the above conversation between her and Sazh Katzroy in chapter four.
- During chapter two in which the player controls Hope Estheim, if one checks Vanille’s status screen, she has three ATB slots while Hope, Lightning, Sazh, and Snow Villiers have two; the latter four gain their third ATB slot upon being transformed into l’Cie
- At the end of chapter two when the god Pulse transforms the party into l’Cie, Vanille is the only one not shown to be bound and branded, as she already was 500 years in the past
- When the party learns of their transformation, Vanille is the only party member to not react
- Upon the party’s transformation into l’Cie at the end of chapter two, Vanille is the only party member not to have gained any stat boosts, as the others’ HP, strength and magic have increased; in fact, because of her l’Cie powers Vanille has the highest strength and magic of any party member prior to chapter three
- Vanille is shown to be ignorant of much of Cocoon’s politics and culture; she does not even recognize Primarch Galenth Dysley—the leader of Cocoon
Today Square Enix released the first gameplay video from the E3 demo of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
A new video released by Square Enix showing Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII in action. The gameplay is taken from the demo they will have available to play this week at E3.
Lightning Returns will be available for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 on February 11, 2014 for North America; and February 14, 2014 for Europe.